Friday, November 28, 2014

Beyond Thankful

This year has been eventful. My pregnancy was quite the adventure from start to finish including a hospital stay at 36 weeks due to high calcium resulting in a parathyroid removal surgery at 37 weeks. I gained a whopping 60 pounds and gave birth via cesarean to a 9lbs 9oz chunker. As you may have read last month, Vincenzo has his own set of "challenges". Nothing like Evan but enough to cause worry and questions. But I still cannot help but be incredibly grateful for my perfect children and my perfect life.

Perfect. A word that many people strive to be. But what is perfect? I absolutely do not strive to be perfect in society's eyes nor want to be. Perfect has a different meaning depending on who you ask. And to me, perfect is what I want it to be. Perfect is being happy with your life. Perfect is being happy with yourself. Perfect is cherishing every moment with the people you love. I am happily married and have happy children. If you ask me, that's pretty perfect. The saying goes, "There is no such thing as perfect." This is true in respect to society's perfect because that perfect is not real. Perfect is what is perfect to you. I have my perfect so I can't say that it doesn't exist. No, it may not be what many consider perfect but it is to me.

This Thanksgiving is very special to me. My family is complete now that Evan is a big brother. We have 2 new babies in the family other than Vincenzo, who we will get to visit with on this holiday. I am beyond thankful for my family. And that goes for every single person in it. My parents and in-laws have been a huge help since the baby has been born (and obviously prior to). They have given me breaks and I have gotten many full night's sleep. They bend over backwards to help us when we need them and I am incredibly grateful for that.

My husband is truly an amazing person. I am so thankful for everything he does for our family. He works so hard to provide for us and makes it possible for me to stay home with our boys. Something that I do not take for granted and am so privileged to do. I know there are mornings when he's leaving for work before 6am wishing he was the one who got to stay home. He is such an amazing father and if you thought Evan had a nice smile, you should see it when Joe walks in the room. Evan absolutely adores his daddy and Vincenzo too!

I am beyond thankful for the life I have been given and the life I get to lead. I love my normal. I love my perfect family, pets included! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday season. Remember to not take the precious things in life for granted. Spend as much time as you can with your loved ones and cherish those moments.


Photobucket 

1 comment: