Monday, May 12, 2014

A Day in Evan's Life 2014

Yay! It's May! Not only is May my favorite month of the year but a month we celebrate while raising awareness for Ichthyosis. A lot has been going on here, hence the reason for my lack of posts. Evan is a busy boy. He is at school for a couple of hours in the morning and after that it's Evan and Mommy time. He has me wrapped around his little finger but I don't mind. It's actually kind of cute how much he loves me! Even if he is relaxing on the the couch watching Mickey Mouse, he wants me sitting right next to him. His newest thing is "Look mama" at every little thing. Whether it's a picture in a book, something on the TV, a duplo tower he made or noticing Bruli out the window; he is in constant need of my attention and recognition. Something that will change quite a bit once his baby brother comes!

Evan will be FOUR YEARS OLD in one month. Hard to believe really. And although he is not motor like most 4 yr olds he is making his way and is still as happy as ever. I am really enjoying his speech development. We are on the verge of having actual conversations. He will say things spontaneously whether it is a comment or statement. He is quite the echo too and repeats things I say or thing he hears on the TV or iPad. Having this connection with him by communication is so rewarding to me that it makes me forget about the fact he is yet to walk, but he WILL.

For the past 3 years on April 9th, I have recorded clips of what a typical day is like for Evan. This year was no different though I did not capture nearly as much footage as the years past (I figured everyone pretty much got the idea about skin care which hasn't nor will change, for life). But at least I remembered. And today you can see Evan's growth over the past few years. Evan has always been on his own growth and developmental pattern. He has always made itty bitty steps in regards to milestones. (Also keeping in mind that he was the most premature of any other Harlequin that I know of). Many parents get wrapped up about when their child will reach these traditional milestones. And some parents with a special needs child wonder why they haven't met them or wonder when or if they ever will. I am well over that stage and Ill take anything he'll give me! It's obvious that Evan is going to do what Evan is going to do. And I am very content with that now. What is MOST important to me is that my child is happy. And boy is he one happy camper! Enjoy this year's "A Day in the Life"!




2014's Video




2013's Video





2012's Video



Photobucket 

1 comment:

  1. You should be so proud of the sweet little man he's growing up to be!

    ReplyDelete