Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another Amazing Possum Day

New Years day is full of fun and laughter with some of the most generous people I have ever met. The Possum Queen event is a local fundraiser full of funny skits, live and silent auctions and teams who 'bribe' everyone for donations. Last year I posted about this amazing event and here we are again. My community is filled with some of the most selfless people I know. So many generous souls who came out to 'party' while helping out local families, Evan being one of the recipients.

I am speechless over the thought that we have been included again as a beneficiary. Evan and I both have been feeling under the weather the past few days but there was no way we would miss it. Luckily, this boy is a trooper and had a smile on his face the whole time. We enjoyed watching multiple skits, performed by the teams, which were highly entertaining. Evan particularly liked the life size Possum that was walking around and couldn't take his eyes off of him. Fortunately we were able to stay for most of the event but had to slip out right before the end of the live auction and crowning of the Possum Queen. I'm a little bummed I missed that part but hopefully Ill find a youtube video somewhere so I can watch it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who helped, participated, donated and attended Possum Queen this year. We are so lucky and blessed to be living in such an amazing community.


Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment